1. Candidates, both first-time and re-certifying, must
pass the Experior CNA Exam which is a 2
part examination, consisting of a written and a performance (skills)
2. The Written Test is a two-hour test with fifty (50)
multiple-choice questions written in English. An Oral or Spanish Test
may be requested for the Written Test if you have difficulty reading
English and you must ask for it when you submit your application.
3. The Manual Skills Evaluation requires the applicant
to perform five (5) randomly selected nursing assistant skills.
4. A state-approved training program is not required
prior to examination; however, it is strongly recommended. A high school
diploma or its equivalent, or be 18 years of age, is required if the
applicant is challenging the exam without completion of an approved
5. Nursing assistants certified out-of-state wishing to
transfer their certification to Florida may apply for reciprocity.
Please see the Florida
Reciprocity and Certification Section, which includes the